Effective Date: January 1, 2023
This Policy does not apply to the extent that we process personal information as a business associate to our HIPAA covered entity customers. When we do so, we process personal information in accordance with HIPAA and our HIPAA covered entity customers' Notices of Privacy Practices. If you have questions regarding the privacy practices of one of our HIPAA covered entity customers, please contact them directly.
Third-Party Links: The Site may include links to third-party websites. These links are provided as a convenience and do not constitute an affiliation with, endorsement or sponsorship of any third-party services. This Policy does not apply to such third-party websites or to any information you provide to such third parties. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of such third parties, and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of these third parties before you interact with their websites or services.
Changes: We may modify this Policy from time to time based on changes to our data practices, business activities, or applicable law. If we make a material change to this Policy, we may provide you with notice prior to the update taking effect, such as by posting a conspicuous notice on our Site. Unless otherwise noted, updates to this Policy are effective immediately upon posting. Your continued use of the Site after the changes have been posted or otherwise made available to you shall constitute your acceptance of the updated terms.
Information We Collect about You on this Site: We may collect the following categories of personal information about you based on your interactions with us:
- Identifiers, such as your real name, alias, address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number or other similar identifiers.
- Financial information, such as bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information.
- Demographic information, which may include protected characteristics under state or Federal law, such as age, date of birth, gender, or disability status.
- Commercial information, including records of personal property and products or services that you purchased, obtained, or considered.
- Internet or other electronic activity information, such as browsing history, search history, and information about your interactions with the Site.
- Inferences drawn from any of the categories of information above.
We do not collect, use, or disclose sensitive personal information about you, as that term may be defined under applicable data privacy laws.
We retain personal information for no longer than is reasonably necessary to fulfill the business purposes stated below, or as required by law. Requests to delete your personal information are subject to these obligations and restrictions.
How We Collect Information About You: We may collect personal information:
- Directly from you when you choose to provide it to us. For example, if you fill out a form online or send us your e-mail address;
- Incidentally in the course of providing you the service;
- From third parties; and
- Automatically from you, through your device or browser, as you interact with the Site.
Technologies We Use: We may use the following technologies to collect personal information about you or the device you use to visit the Site:
How We Use Your Information: We may use the personal information we collect about you, or that you provide to us, for the following business purposes:
- To present the Site and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it, such as subscribing you to an e-mail newsletter.
- To provide you with notices about your account and status (where applicable).
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to the Site or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on the Site, if any.
- To contact you regarding any of our services you have accessed, whether through the Site or otherwise.
- To contact you about prescriptions you have purchased from pharmacies you use to fill your prescriptions.
- To comply with applicable laws, regulations, and legal process.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- To keep a record of our transactions and communications.
- As otherwise necessary or useful for us to conduct our business, as long as the use is permitted by law. Specific examples include: Analyzing our audience and use patterns for the Site; storing information about your preferences and allowing us to direct or customize specific content to you; recognizing you when you return to this Site or speeding-up your login.
- For the protection of our operations or those of any of our affiliates, or to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property or that of our affiliates, you or other parties.
- For any other purpose with your consent or that we describe to you at the time of collection.
- For the purposes of engaging in a merger, acquisition, reorganization, or sale of all or a portion of Prime assets.
You understand and specifically agree that we may use the information you provide through this Site to contact you, including any e-mail address, telephone number, cell phone number, or fax number. We may contact you regarding any services we provide to you, whether through the Site or otherwise.
To the extent you provide us with your cell phone number through the Site, we will not disclose your cell phone number to third parties. If we send SMS text messages to the cell phone number that you have provided through the Site, we will only do so pursuant to your opt-in consent.
How We Disclose Personal Information
Prime may share personal information above with the following categories of third parties for the purposes described above.
- Our employees and agents (including employees and agents or our affiliates) as well as our affiliate entities in the course of operating our businesses, such as to ensure that we have the most up to date contact information across these entities and to coordinate the services and benefits you receive from us;
- Appropriate government agencies, as required by law;
- Vendors we hire to perform services on our behalf;
- A successor if all or part of our business is sold, merged, dissolved, acquired, or in a similar transaction, or in the event of a corporate reorganization; and
- In response to a valid court order, subpoena, search warrant, law, or regulation.
If we share or give access to personal information to vendors, we require them to use the personal information only for limited purposes, such as for sending you the e-mail in the example above. If you believe we or any company associated with Prime has misused or improperly disclosed or lost any of your information, please contact us immediately and report such matter using the contact information provided below.
Additionally, if instructed by your health plan, we may require that a vendor delete your information after it is used for the above purposes.
We do not "sell" personal information associated with consumers for monetary or other valuable consideration, and we do not "share" personal information associated with consumers, as those terms are defined under California law.
The table below describes the categories of personal information that Prime collects and the categories of third parties to whom, in the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed personal information for a business purpose, for each of those categories of personal information.
Category of personal information
Categories of third parties to which we disclosed personal information for business purposes
Categories of personal information identified in Cal. Civ. Code 1798.80(e)
Internet or other electronic network activity information
Your Choices Regarding Your Information
You may have the following rights with respect to your personal information, subject to applicable exceptions:
- Right to access. You may be entitled to request that we disclose to you the specific pieces of your personal information that we have collected about you in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, readily usable format.
- Right to know. You may have the right to confirm that we have collected personal information about you and know what personal information we have collected about you, including, as applicable, the categories of personal information we have collected, the sources from which we collected that personal information, the business or commercial purposes for which we collected, sold, and shared that personal information, the categories of personal information that we sold, shared, or disclosed to third parties for business purposes and the categories of third parties to whom we sold, shared or disclosed personal information.
- Right to deletion. You may be entitled to request that we delete the personal information that we have collected from you. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request, in compliance with applicable laws. Please note, however, that we may need or be required to keep such information, such as for our legitimate business purposes or to comply with applicable law.
- Right to correct your personal information. You may also have the right to update inaccurate information that we process about you.
- Right to be exercise rights without discrimination. You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment if you exercise the rights conferred to you by applicable privacy law.
Please note that these rights may be limited under applicable laws. For example, if we collect your personal information in our role as a service provider to a customer, you will need to contact that customer directly to exercise your rights.
If you would like to exercise one of your rights, please contact us at https://pharmacy.primetherapeutics.com/en/privacy-policy-personal/personal.html. You may also contact us using these methods to appeal any decision we make relating to your request to exercise your rights.
Please note that we may require additional information from you to verify your identity and process your request. You can also submit a request via an authorized agent using the contact methods described above. If you use an authorized agent, we may request a copy of the agent's signed permission to act, verify your identity directly, and ask that you confirm the agent's authority.
Do Not Track Disclosure: This Site does not monitor for or behave differently if your computer transmits a "do not track" or similar beacon or message.
Site and Information Security: We use a number of reasonable security methods designed to protect the security and integrity of personal information. These methods include:
- Physical security methods (such as locks and alarm systems),
- Electronic security methods (such as passwords and firewalls), and
- Procedural security methods (such as rules regarding the handling and use of information).
Due to the nature of the Internet and online communications, however, we cannot guarantee that any information transmitted online will remain secure or confidential. By submitting information to us, you agree that you are aware of and accept these risks. If you do not wish to submit your information electronically, do not do so; however, in such case, you may not be able to make use of the full functionality of the Site.
E-mail Communications: Most e-mail, including any e-mail functionality on our Site, does not provide a completely secure and confidential means of communication. It is possible that your e-mail communication may be accessed or viewed inappropriately while in transit to us. If you wish to keep your information completely private, you should not use e-mail. We may send e-mail communications to you for a range of communications.
Children's Information: We do not intentionally collect any personal information from children under the age of 13 through the Site, nor do we "sell" or "share" (as those terms are defined under applicable law) personal information about children under the age of 13 with third parties. Our Site is not directed towards children under age 13. If you believe that we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 13 through the Site, please contact us using the contact information provided below.
U.S. Audience: This site is intended for a United States audience. If you access this Site from outside the U.S., you acknowledge, agree, and consent (to the extent permitted by applicable law) that any information you provide, including any personal information, will be transferred to and processed by a computer server located within the U.S., and is subject to U.S. laws and regulations. Further, if you access this Site from outside the U.S., you acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local or national laws, rules or regulations applicable to such use.
Social Media: We reserve the right to edit or remove postings for any reason, with or without notice. Prime is not responsible for the content of any user generated content, and we specifically advise you that user generated content may include information that is inaccurate, false and misleading.
Please remember that information posted on this website or any of our social media platforms is for general informational purposes only and should not be considered medical advice and should not replace a consultation with your health care professional. Always consult an appropriate health care professional for your specific needs. If you are experiencing a medical emergency, call 9-1-1.
You consent and agree that we may respond to any post/re-post, on-line or off-line in other publications, or user generated content.
Social Security Number Protection: In the course of operating our business, Prime may collect or receive access to Social Security Numbers ("SSNs"). We protect the confidentiality of SSNs through various physical, technical, and administrative measures designed to protect against unauthorized access or use. Prime limits access to SSNs to purposes and uses that are lawful and prohibits unlawful disclosure or use of SSNs.
Contact us: To contact us regarding this Policy and our related privacy practices, contact Prime's Privacy Department using the contact information below.
Prime Therapeutics LLC
Attention: Privacy Officer
PO Box 64812
St. Paul, MN 55164-0812